When things go wrong,we're here to help.
We want you to be satisfied with every hire you make on Potswork. Life is unpredictable and pros are human so sometimes things go wrong. If you are unhappy with your hire we will work to make it right.
Please read over this page and our Terms and conditions. We explain what we need from you so we can work together to find a solution.
Our Money-Back Guarantee covers circumstances where you hire a pro on Potswork and the job doesn’t get done, or it isn’t done as agreed. If you hire a tile installer who doesn’t finish your backsplash, or the tiles fall off the next day, we can pay you back up to $2500. Be sure to notify us within 45 days.
Property Damage Guarantee.
If your Potswork pro was negligent and damaged your property, we can cover you up to $1 million. If the tile installer you hired accidentally breaks a window on the way out, notify us within 14 days so we can help.
How it Works
Once you find the Potswork pro for your job get all job specifics in writing, or in this case in email, make sure both parties agree on price etc. This allows us to see the agreement. In the case of any issues, notify us immediately. We will help you discuss issues with the pro to make good on the agreement.
We need to see the agreement made with the pro to confirm they were hired through Potswork before any work started and within 30 days of when you submitted the project request. Proof can include but not limited to: Potswork messages,emails,contracts or invoices.
Terms and Conditions
Read the full details of the Potswork Guarantee in the Terms and Conditions. Some important eligibility information:
- The Potswork Guarantee is limited to $2,500 for the Money-Back Guarantee, and $1 million for the Property Damage Guarantee, and it applies only to customers. This means Potswork will accept Guarantee requests only from the person who, using Potswork as a registered user, requested work and hired the professional through Potswork.
- The Property Damage Guarantee covers direct physical loss or physical damage, which doesn't include faulty installation or incomplete work.
- Proof of hire must include the original request on Potswork and the quote provided by the pro as well as any one of the following:
- On-platform messaging and documentation confirming you agreed to hire the pro for a project.
- Off-platform communications confirming you agreed to hire the pro for a project.
- A copy of a contract, invoice or other project document which demonstrates that you agreed to hire the pro for a project.
- This proof must show that you hired the pro no later than 30 days after your initial request. You must also notify us of the issue within a specific time (45 days for Money-Back Guarantee, 14 days for Property Damage Guarantee), even if you are in the process of resolving the issue directly with the pro.
- Losses must be incurred as a direct result of work requested on Potswork. This means the Potswork Guarantee covers damages or losses directly caused by the pro in the course of performing the work requested by the customer on Potswork.
- Potswork will first require customers to make a good faith attempt to resolve any issues with the pro. Most issues can be resolved amicably, and we are here to help. Before the Potswork Guarantee applies, we will first try to help customers resolve problems with pros directly.
- For the Property Damage Guarantee, some types of property damage are excluded. For example, the Guarantee doesn’t cover fine art, electronic data, or damage due to delay.
- If a pro takes payment and does not perform any work, the Money-Back Guarantee can cover up to $1,250.